Frequently Asked Questions
what are the ages of the children who attend the school?
Ages one to five.
What is a typical school day?
Our core academic hours are from 9:00-3:00 Monday through Friday for all children.
7:30-8:30 Stay & Play (Choice Activities & Free Play)
8:30-9:30 Arrival & Provocation Activity (Banking & Quality Time with each child)
9:00-9:10 Morning Meeting & Yoga
9:10-9:25 Healthy Snack
11:15-12:15 Healthy & Fresh Family Style Lunch
12:00-12:15 Story Time
12:15-2:15 Yoga, Nap Time or Quiet Activities (Banking & Quality Time with each child)
3:15-3:30 Closing Meeting
3:30-6:30 Stay & Play with Project-Based Learning & Enrichment Activities
Stay & Play is offered at an additional cost in the morning from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and the afternoon from 3:30-6:00 p.m.
Can my child attend part-time?
No, our school requires all children to attend from 9:00-3:00 p.m.
What makes The New E3 School unique?
- UVA-developed S.T.R.E.A.M. curriculum
- Professional development for teachers aligned with the curriculum
- UVA-trained & specialized teachers with credentials in the field of child development & early education
- Every child has one-on-one time with their teacher everyday to focus on building strong teacher-child relationships and relationships
- Strong relationships with our families
- Year round academic learning in a fun, meaningful and intentional environment
- Learning is differentiated & individualized for every child
- Ongoing kindergarten readiness assessment for our three and four-year-olds
- Our young children loop with their teachers for the first two years of the program
- Enrichment activities are offered to all children at no additional cost
- Morning & Afternoon (before nap time) Yoga
- SMART Tables in our preschool classrooms
- Yummy Goodness Catering provides two fresh & healthy snacks and a lunch everyday
- Children drawn from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
- Natural playground and outdoor classroom
How are children selected for the program?
There is a rolling admission process. Families are welcome to tour the school and complete an application for admission. Submit Admission Application.
Do you serve snacks & Lunch?
Yummy Goodness Catering provides two healthy and fresh snacks and lunch everyday.
What curriculum do you use?
Our evidence-based curriculum, developed by The University of Virginia CASTL, focuses on the five core skills that form the building blocks for later learning and six STREAM skills to help children prepare for the academic demands of kindergarten entry. The core skills are relate, regulate, think, communicate and move. The STREAM skills are science, technology, reading, engineering, art and math.
The CASTL integrated curriculum provides a comprehensive set of integrated teacher practices, routines, and activities that provide teachers support and structure so that their interactions with children and the interactions that they set up between children intentionally and meaningfully support children’s skill development across the CORE and STREAM domains.
what is the role of the teacher?
Our teachers are trained by UVA CASTL to implement the curriculum in an effective, meaningful and intentional way that fosters learning. They encourage children to think, problem solve, create, communicate, investigate and explore.
what is the innovation model?
- Effective & proven UVA-developed early education curriculum
- Teachers trained on implementing the curriculum
- Aligned UVA-developed professional development
- Coaches that work alongside the classroom teachers to provide support and model best practices
- Monitoring of children’s progress toward being prepared for the academic rigor of kindergarten
Do you participate in the Virginia Quality Program?
The New E3 School does not participate.