Our S.T.R.E.A.M. Curriculum
The STREAM: Integrated, Intentional, Interactions Curriculum (STREAMin3) was developed at the UVA’s Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning (CASTL) through funding from Elevate Early Education (E3). Designed using the latest developmental and early education research, STREAMin3 is ready for use in a wide variety of early childhood education programs.
The STREAMin3 Curriculum Model provides:
- Daily activities, routines, and games that maximize the moment-to-moment interactions between children and their teachers and peers.
- Coaching, professional development, and weekly materials designed to support teachers’ understanding of child development and increase the effectiveness of their implementation of the curriculum.
- Guidance for using observations to inform teaching and to increase quality of implementation.
Relate-with peers and adults
Regulate- their emotions, attention and behavior
Think- deeply about the world around them
Communicate- with others productively
Move- their bodies to achieve goals
Science-scientific method, understand natural and physical world
Technology- using tools to create, explore and innovate
Reading- book understanding, alphabet knowledge, phonological awareness, print concepts, early writing
Engineering- understand how and why things work
Art- creating, expressing, and imagining through a variety of mediums
Math- number sense, geometry, spatial relations, patterns, measurement
Children develop these skills through the ongoing supportive and stimulating interactions that they have with their teachers and peers. The curriculum provides a comprehensive set of integrated teacher practices, routines and activities to make sure interactions between teachers and children are intentional and meaningful and support children’s skill development across the Core and STREAM domains.
Our Teachers Are:
- Trained by University of Virginia Center for Advanced Study of Teaching and Learning in key areas of learning such as literacy, math, social skills and self-regulation.
- Specialized in early education.
- Knowledgeable about children’s development.
Our Teachers Strive To:
- Nurture every child through strong teacher-child interactions.
- Respond to the needs of each child.
- Work individually with each child one-on-one and in small groups.
- Build strong relationships with the child and family.
Interested in joining our team of top-notch early educators? Send your resume to the Director of our school.
Copyright 2018 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia